Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4, 2011

1 more day until I'm finished with finals!
9 days until Paris!
66 days until I get married!
My baby toad is 1 year old!  I don't know exactly when she hatched from her egg, it was probably in March of last year, but it was around this time last year that I caught her and she has grown so much.  This photo is her about a month after I caught her and now she is about the size of a 50 cent piece when she sits down and pulls her legs underneath herself.

Lee and I were at a cookout at his mother's house and some kids came inside saying that they found a frog.  I rushed outside with a plastic cup in hand to save the frog from the kids.  It wasn't just one frog but probably about 40 of them, all over the yard.  It had just rained and it was almost sundown and they were hopping around all over the place.  Lee and I caught 3 to take home with us as pets but 2 of them wouldn't eat the food we provided and died shortly after.

Wilson is a (suspected) female Fowler's Toad and today is her unofficial birthday.  She will get some extra juicy mealworms for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment