Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011

My first exam is tomorrow and its going to be a tough one.
10 Days until Paris
24 days until I can start moving into the new apartment
67 Days until the wedding
This is my life right now, studying physics all day until the test is over, then its on to anatomy and behavior biology.  Just 3 more days of this stuff, then its free time for almost a month!

I usually take an hour long break for ever 3 or 4 hours of studying.  This break I checked on the plants, loaded the washer, made and ate a snack, went through one of my closets and pulled out a bunch of clothes and junk that I don't need anymore.

I noticed that all of the times I've moved in college I've pretty much packed everything up and taken it with me and only gotten rid of things as they broke, so I've accumulated many things that I don't need anymore but they aren't damaged so I just keep moving them around.  This is probably one of the reasons my apartment is so cramped.  So to prevent that from happening when I move again at the end of the month, I started cleaning out my things a few weeks ago.  I also get this terrible feeling of guilt when I receive a gift that I know I won't use, the feeling prevents me from throwing it away or donating it to charity, then the gifts just sit around my apartment for months, sometimes years until I feel that I can justify getting rid of it.  I need to adjust my attitude towards these gifts before I drown in them.  I began telling myself it would be a greater gift to drop these unwanted things off at Goodwill so that people who actually want or need these things can get them.
So far I've taken 2 suitcases of stuff to be sold or donated to my parents house and thrown away several trash bags full of junk.  I'm not taking this junk with me to Lee and I's new apartment.

All in all a pretty productive break from studying, the next one will probably be spent taking out the recycling, sorting through mail and all of the other papers that have accumulated on my kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment